Posted Tuesday, February 22nd 2011 @ 3am
- 24 thin slices French bread (no more than 2 to 3 inches in diameter)
- 2 dozen large fresh oysters, packed in the oyster liquor
- 1 recipe Rockefeller Sauce (see recipe below)
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, poach the oysters in their own liquor just until the edges begin to curl. (Only a couple of minutes.) Remove from the heat.
To assemble and serve:
Using a slotted spoon to drain off the liquid, place an oyster on a slice of toast. Spoon over a large dollop of the Rockefeller Sauce. Sprinkle lightly with the cheese. Broil under a preheated broiler until the sauce is hot through. Serve hot.
Makes 2 dozen appetizers.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 10-oz. package frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup Herbsaint (or Pernod)
- 1 stick softened butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)