Posted Tuesday, May 31st 2011 @ 10am
- 1 pound farfalle (or another shape dried pasta)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound peeled and deveined small shrimp (or large shrimp cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan.
Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Over high heat, add the thyme and shrimp and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
Stir in the wine and cook over high for a minute or two.
Add the stock and tomatoes and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
Stir in the olives and parsley and season.
Toss with the cooked pasta and serve immediately.
Serves 6 to 8.