Posted April 14th, 2011 @ 9:47am
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Stir the garlic into the remaining oil. Allow to sit for a few minutes to infuse the oil with the garlic flavor. Place the tuna in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle over the garlic flavored oil and season well with salt and pepper.
Place in a preheated 500 º F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on desired doneness.Remove from the oven. Whisk together the 2 tablespoons of reserved oil with the lemon juice. Pour over the hot fish, coating evenly. Sprinkle over the parsley and basil.
Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Note: To grill: place on a preheated hot grill and grill over high heat until the outside is well seared and the inside is cooked to desired doneness. Turn only once about 2/3rd’s through the cooking time. Remove to a serving dish and finish as directed above.