Posted April 4th, 2011 @ 3:32am
- 1 1/2 pounds plump, crisp asparagus spears
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions
Cut about 2” off of the end of the asparagus. Place, upright, in a container of ice water for at least 30 minutes. Trim the chicken breasts. Place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a veal pounder (or other smooth, heavy object such as a rolling pin) to about 1/4” thickness.
Arrange crisp lettuce leaves on a platter (or individual plates).
Arrange the chicken strips and asparagus spears on top. Drizzle over desired amount of the dressing. Garnish with the green onions.