Posted Saturday, November 21st 2009 @ 2am· 6 to 8 small new potatoes, washed and quartered
· 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal into 2-3-inch lengths
· 4 parsnips, peeled and cut like the carrots
· 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut on the diagonal into pieces that correspond to the sizes of the carrots and parsnips
· Extra-virgin olive oil
· Coarse sea salt
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
Scrub the new potatoes and cut into quarters.
Place on a heavy sheet pan.
Peel the carrots and parsnips and cut on the diagonal into 2 to 3-inch lengths.
Add to pan.
Peel the sweet potatoes.
Cut in half lengthwise, then cut on the diagonal into thick slices.
Add to the pan.
Drizzle the oil over the vegetables, using just enough to lightly coat.
Sprinkle with salt.
Sprinkle over the rosemary and pepper and lightly toss with fingertips to coat the vegetables.
Place in a preheated 400-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the vegetables are just fork tender.
Remove from the oven and toss lightly with the parsley.