With spring approaching, the call for delicious salads is finally here. Enjoy a homemade asparagus salad, one of Marilyn's Kroger specialty recipes, and start spring a little bit early! It's easy, it's fresh and delicious!
1 pound plump asparagus spears
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large navel oranges
3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (in one piece)
8 thin slices prosciutto
2 tablespoons roasted and salted shelled pistachios
Dash of black pepper
1. Trim away the tough ends of the asparagus. Place in a shallow dish and pour over 1/4 cup water. Season with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the salt. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
2. Segment the oranges by first cutting away all of the peel and white pith. Squeeze the membranes to get a tablespoon of juice, set aside.
3. With a swivel peeler, shave the cheese into shards.
4. Cut the prosciutto into 1" strips.
5. To assemble the salad:
6. Place the asparagus on a plate. Arrange the orange segments and prosciutto on top. Top with cheese and nuts.
7. Stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the reversed orange juice. Season with a bit of pepper and drizzle over the salad.