- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Small can (8 oz.)crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded carrots, loosely packed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring (optional)
Mix together all of the dry ingredients. Add the pineapple juice, eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat 3 minutes.
Fold in pineapple, carrots and nuts.
Bake in a greased and floured tube pan in a 325 °F. oven for 1 1/2 hours. Cool and frost.
Make the frosting: Beat together the softened cream cheese with the remaining ingredients until smooth