· 4 salmon fillets, skinned and bones removed
· 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· Olive oil
· 1/2 cup orange marmalade
· 1 tablespoon horseradish
· 1 teaspoon soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon catsup
Mix together the salt and sugar. Rub on both sides of the salmon. Place in a dish, cover tightly and chill for 1 to 2 hours. Remove and rub off the salt and sugar. Brush with oil and grill – 10 minutes per inch of thickness, turning once. Stir together the marmalade, horseradish, soy and catsup. During last minute or two of grilling brush both sides of salmon with the glaze. Serve hot.
· 10 medium new potatoes (about 2 pounds)
· 1 cup chicken broth
· 1 cup sliced celery
· 1/4 cup chopped scallions
· 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
· 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
· 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
· 3 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
· 2 teaspoons sugar
· Salt and pepper, to taste
Wash the potatoes, trim the ends and slice into 1/4” slices. Steam in a vegetable steamer until tender, but still firm…..about 8 minutes. Remove to a bowl and pour over the chicken broth. Allow to sit, covered for 20 minutes.
Drain and toss with the celery and scallions.
Whisk together the herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and sugar.
Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the potatoes.
Taste and correct the seasonings. Serve with the salmon.