Thursday, May 14, 2009
Creole French Dressing (as seen on Northern Kentucky Magazine)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (or catsup)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetables oil (canola, grape seed, peanut, etc.)
Put the chili sauce, mustard, vinegar, sugar, scallions, herbs, salt and pepper in the blender jar. Pulse on and off until smooth.
With the blender running on high speed, remove the center of the lid and gradually pour in the oil. Blend until all oil in incorporated.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups