Citizens Against Gov. Waste
Madison Project - Calendar of Events
To comment on parolees: call the Ohio Adult Parole Authority at 614-752-1200; write them at the Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections, Central Office Attention: Ohio Parole Board, 770 W. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43222; or go online to http://www.hcpros.org/ and click on "Parole Watch."
The place to donate supplies for our troops
Brian's Favorite Charities:
Wesley Chapel Mission
The Cure Starts Now
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
Faces Without Places:
Help give one of our many, area homeless kids a chance, it's not their fault.
Without your help, this headline will arrive soon. With your help, this headline can be avoided. Ohio Valley Associated Builders and Contractors is fighting to ensure you have the opportunity to consider bidding on future City contracts. You must know that language - which will shut out the merit shop in favor of union only labor - is currently being debated as a part of a local hiring ordinance and “responsible bidder” language. It is the equivalent of a PLA.
Ø What you need to know:
1. A local hiring requirement will soon be enacted by City Council which will mandate registered apprenticeship.
2. Organized Labor has been lobbying members of city council to change responsible bidder language in such a way that only union apprenticeship programs in most trades will qualify for future local hire workers.
Ø What you need to do:
1. Plan to attend a meeting of the Cincinnati Job and Growth Committee on January 28, 1pm to show your support for open competition. We expect the unions to send people; we need to be represented to show we care.
2. Plan to take advantage of Ohio Valley ABC’s help in getting there – We are arranging the transportation to make it easy. Buses will transport meeting participants from 2 convenient locations. You will even get lunch.
3. RSVP at www.ovabc.org. ALL MERIT SHOP CONTRACTORS ARE WELCOME.
Questions? Call OVABC at 513-381-2220 and ask for John or Tammy.